August 15, 2016

『BOUT OF BOOKS 17』 Goals & Updates

Sign up post!

Goals
  • Read as much as I can. ✓
  • Try to finish two books. ✓
  • Read every day at least a bit or listen to an audiobook. ✓
  • Read at least one book by Neil Gaiman ✓
  • Interact with other boutofbooklers. ✓
  • Participate in all the challenges. ✓
  • Daily Updates. ✓



READ-A-THON-TBR
Since I'm not sure what to pick I have a huge list, so I can pick a book after the mood I'm in. Most of the time I just pick what I feel like reading. So I just listed a few books and mangas I want to read in the near future. I couldn't add a specific volume for the mangas, because it could happen that I continue reading them until the read-a-thon, I'll just update the volumes when Bout of Book's starting. 


  • A Court of Mist and Fury - Sarah J. Maas (audiobook)
  • A Feast for Crows - George R. R. Martin (audiobook)
  • An Amber in the Ashes - Sabaa Tahir
  • Attack on Titan (Vol...)
  • Blue Exorcist (Vol...)
  • Miss Peregrin's Home for peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs
  • Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman
  • Stardust - Neil Gaiman
  • The Heir - Kiera Cass
  • The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater
  • The Sleeper and the Spindle - Neil Gaiman
  • Tokyo Ghoul (Vol...)





Updates

Monday 8/22
Pages read today: 0
Hours listened today: 2h of A Feast for Crows
Total of books read so far: 0
Challenge: Book to movie adaptation by Writing my own Fairytale

Favourite adaptation: The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring

 Least favourite adaptation: Eragon 


Tuesday 8/23
Pages read today: 142 of Stardust
Hours listened today: 0
Total of books read so far: 0
Challenge: Mix 'n Match by Bout of Books

I wasn't in town for the day so I went to a book store and picked randomly ten books. Most from my favourite sections.

The books I used:

My words: 
  • not
  • learn
  • while
  • you
  • had
  • late
  • military
  • counted
  • appeared

My sentence:
You should not learn magic while the military appeared late and had counted.


Wednesday 8/24
Pages read today: 106 of Stardust
Hours listened today: 2h of A Feast of Crows
Total of books read so far: 1
Challenge: Show off your shelves photo challenge by Bout of Books

My kindle cloud at the time being:
 


Thursday 8/25
Pages read today: 69 of The Sleeper and the Spindle
Hours listened today: 0
Total of books read so far: 2
Challenge: Titles in the Tabloids by The Book Junkie

My titel in the tabloids:
Young man get's lost in faery while looking for a fallen star. Find out how it end's in "Stardust" by Neil Gaiman.


Friday 8/26
Pages read today: 0
Hours listened today: 2h 30min of A Court of Mist and Fury
Total of books read so far: 2
Challenge: Book in a Song by Janey Canuck

My book:
Shimotusma Monogatari (Kamikaze Girls) by Novala Takemoto

My song: 
Not like the other Girls by The Rasmus

The connection:
First off both are really special to me. The Rasmus are one of my most favourite bands for almost 13 years now and Shimotsuma Monogatari combines my favourite Japanese Street Fashion with a lovely story. I also think that parts of the song "Not like the other Girls" fit both of the main characters really well. 

This part describes the story in itself quite good.

"No more blame
I am destined to keep you sane
Gotta rescue the flame
Gotta rescue the flame in your heart"

And this one could refer on how both of the characters live in their own little world until they meet each other for the first time.

"She's fading away
Away from this World
Drifting like a Feather
She's not like the other Girls"


Saturday 8/27
Pages read today: 0
Hours listened today: 2h 44min of A Court of Mist and Fury
Total of books read so far: 2
Challenge: Free day!

Sunday 8/28
Pages read today: 0
Hours listened today: 1h 12min
Total of books read so far: 2
Challenge: Free day!



Wrap Up

Did I manage to reach my goals?
  • Read as much as I can. ✓
  • Try to finish two books. ✓
  • Read every day at least a bit or listen to an audiobook. ✓
  • Read at least one book by Neil Gaiman ✓
  • Interact with other boutofbooklers. ✓
  • Participate in all the challenges. ✓
  • Daily Updates. ✓

As mentioned in my sign up post I had quite a busy week. I didn't read that much at all but I still managed to reach my goals. I was able to finish two books and both by Neil Gaiman. I love all of his books so far and I really need to read more of them. 
I also continued with the two audiobooks and I have to say, that I start to like ACOMAF. At the beginning I was really annoyed with it and couldn't listend to it any longer.  With A Feast for Crows I still have a long way to go, but will finish it eventually. 
All in all, it was fun as always and I'll try to participate in the next one. I just hope I'll have more time for reading then and that I'll be able to finish more books. I'm still quite satisfied, because I was able to end this round as I liked to end it. 

6 comments:

  1. Ooo Gaiman! Can I rec Stardust? It was my first book by him so it fills me with extra joy!

    ACOMAF will destroy you in the best way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure you can recommend Stardust. I want to read it since ever. I guess I'll give it a try during the read-a-thon. ^^
      I already started ACOMAF and I got annoyed by it. XD" Hope I'll finish it through the read-a-thon.

      Delete
  2. I loved Miss Peregrine's! And anything I've read by Neil Gaiman - you have a wonderful list for this readathon! I'm a little jealous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. ^^ I really want to read Miss Peregrine's before the movie comes out. Me too, loved everything I read by Neil Gaiman so far anf I have a few more books. Really need to get to them. ~

      Delete
  3. You are doing awesome so far! Loved reading your post. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bout of Books 17 was fun. I meet my reading goal. How'd you do? I see lots of check marks! Hope you'll be back in January!
    Oh, and if you come across a new book by a first-time author, please let me know! - J
    http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com

    ReplyDelete