December 30, 2013

『2013|12|20 - 2013|12|21』PART I: a few long days, a birthday party and my reawoken love for reading

Finally catching up with the last few post for the end of the year. Hopefully I'll finish the two long ones today and at least two of the shorter ones tomorrow.
So let's get started. ⎝(^o^)⎠


『2013|12|20』 
Since the semester of school ended right before the christmas holidays and no one was planing to go to school that day I had off. Even the teachers said we could stay home.
But it wasn't a relaxing day at all. I had planned a lot for that day. I decided to use the additional free day to finally go to all the university libraries to look for books, which I need for a research. I also planned on meeting a friend at my last stop.

Well, like always nothing went as I planned it. >_> I overslept… but I decided not to panic and just do everything one by one including having breakfast before leaving for a travel around town.
While I had my breakfast I turned on the TV just to discover Avatar - The Last Airbender to be streamed on Nick. That made me so happy, because it's like an eternity I last watch an episode of it and I sooo love this series. ^^ Well, sadly I had to turn off the TV after that to finally get started with my small travel around. ^^

First stop was the Hu,bold library in my district, because the day before I accidentally lend the third volume instead the first of the Edelsteintriologie (I'm going to stick to the german names, because it's the original ^^). XD" So I decided to just get volume one and two, too. I planned on reading it over the holidays.
I just went in grabbed the two books and went strait back to the lending machine and back to the station.

Second stop was Humbold University's Grimm-Zentrum, but I did not even get the chance to enter the library. I was so annoyed by that. Not only that I couldn't find the way right away but also that you aren't allowed to take your things into the library. You have to lock them away but need a lock for the locker, which I hadn't with me.
I then decided to give my mom a call and tell her and already made my way back to the station to get to a few of FU's libraries. My mom and I decided via phone to try it another time at Grimm-Zentrum, because it even is open during holidays. Since FU is closed during holidays I had to get there that day.
Finally there I was lost again. Someone please tell me why the campus is like over the whole district? It's so annoying to get to everything when you have to walk like 20 minutes between the different buildings. I found my way, luckily I had a map with me (on my iPod) and the second stop wasn't that far away form my first one.
After a long discussion with Riki (she thought she knew where I would be ending up, but no XD""") she decided to go home first and meet me there when I'm finished with my library-journey. Original plan was meeting at one of the libraries… but yeah since it's so big and everything is spread over nearly the whole district we ended up not meeting there.
I finally entered the first library and nothing I looked up beforehand was available which annoyed me so much that I just did not go to the second one. I decided that I'm not willed to travel there like a million times for this stupid research. -.-" But I have to go there again anyway….

After that unhappy ending of my travel I finally reached Riki's home. The driving around town itself wasn't that bad, because Lulu and I skyped a bit during that. That's always the best during long train rides.  ^^ Finally at Riki's she cooked something for me *^* and even made me some scrambled eggs when I was still hungry after the Ramen. XD" Instead of going to the Christmas Market we decided to stay at home and talk. I was just too exhausted and annoyed and didn't feel like going there.
Like always we had a lot of fun and we also watched "stupid" openings and endings of old kids shows and Animes, which was so much fun.


『2013|12|21』 
This day started quite early for the whole family, because it was the day of our travel to Hagen to visit the rest of the family. Next day was the first birthday party of my cousin's second baby.
That means nothing really special happened that day. We had breakfast together and packed the last few things into our travel bags.
Like always we weren't in time, but it did not really matter because we had the whole day to arrive there.
The drive itself wasn't anything special and my sister, her boyfriend, my mom and I nearly slept the whole drive. We then stopped at McDonald's in Paine like always. It's a family tradition to stop there, and even when it's only to go to the toilette. XD" In the end we decided to eat something, while everyone went for burgers I wasn't happy at all, but my mom discovered that they now have baguettes with tomato and mozzarella. I decided to try it. Well it was a okayish one, just too much sauce. >_> I'll never get why they put so much sauce on all the things. Without it, it would have been so good.
Mom and dad changed places and we took off again.

Finally we arrived at my cousin's home and took the sleeping stuff into the flat. After everything was in we sat in the kitchen and had cookies. christmas cookies are just the best!!! *^* We also gave them the presents we had with us and while unwrapping them my aunt and uncle arrived there too.

The rest of the day was just family, talking, laughing, playing with the two little boys and having dinner together.
After my aunt, uncle, mom and dad left we decided to watch a movie. We watched Pacific Rim, which was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It just reminded me too much of Evangelion. I actually think if it had been a japanese movie it would have been a good one, but I just did not like how they tried to sell it to us like it's something new and oh so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment