January 25, 2014

『2014|01|18』Redeeming the christmas present

Last week end it was finally the time to have fun with the tickets I (my sister and her boyfriend) got for christmas.



It was for Apassionata -a horse show- which I saw a few years ago with my mum for the first time. She thought it was a nice idea for christmas, since we liked it last time. 

All three of us left around 6:30pm, after dinner and dressing up. ^^ We had to take the subway to Friedrichstr. and had to change there into the SBahn to get to Warschauerstr., since Apassionata held their show at O2 World (a super big hall/arena thingy, for ice hokey, concerts and much more).
We arrived there around 7:30pm and had to stop at one of the booths at the train station, because my sister's boyfriend wanted something to drink and all of us got some lollipops. XD Five minutes later we arrived at the O2 World and were able to enter immediately. The doors opened something like 1,5h before the start of the show. We arrived there around 30 minutes before the start.
Finally inside went straight for our seats, with a small break at the toilettes. XD" We then only had to wait around ten minutes for the show to begin.
Our seats were quite good, since we were seated in the ninth row and we were also able to see everything. Even when we sat at the sides. Sure we did not have a straight view onto the animations, but these are not that important.

It's not only a horse show, they are also telling a story. The name of this years story was "Zeit für Träume" (something like "Time to Dream" - a free translation XD").  It was a story about Tanja and Michael who found a magic book, with which there were able to travel through time and world. It could have been such a good story, but it was written so badly. The absolutely should learn how to write a good story.
Otherwise the show was good. At least I liked it, my sister and her boyfriend did not like it as much as I did, but they said it was okay.

What I really liked a lot were the animated sceneries they had. A mix of magic and kitsch. ^^ They were just so beautiful and the costumes. I really loved the costumes! They always fitted perfectly into the created world and were so nicely thought through.
I took a few pics of them and also a few of the horses with my iPod. I also shot a few videos, which I edited into one and will put at the end of the post. ^^


this was some cute and beautiful fairytale castle
and a shot from under the sea
some cute jellyfishes *^*
The jellyfishes were animated and were swimming around. I loved them a lot. Sadly I wasn't able to get a pic of the awesome under the sea costumes, but they were all glittery and shimmery. Loved it!





I liked it when they were in old London. The scenery was so beautiful and the costumes matched so good. Not only that, but also the horses. Nothing's better than beautiful black and blackish Frisians with a long and wavy mane. I totally fell in love with the one Frisian, which totally could have been from a fairytale book. I also liked how they performed the riding and how much it looked like a casual stroll through the city.




The second horse I absolutely loved was the Shire Horse. OMG I just LOVE cold-blood horses so much. Even when they are so big, they always look quite elegant and they are just so strong and cute. Totally love them!


Candy Land


Candy Land was a fun country to visit. ^o^ Everything was so colourful and funny. What my sister and I loved most were the cute little Mini-Shetlandponies. *^* Cutest thingys ever!!! And soooo FLUUUFFFYYYY, because of their winter coat.



My sister also loved the donkey and mules a lot. They are so cute. 


Ever saw a sitting horse?
That was at the end of the show when Tanja and Michael got back to the book store, where they found the magic book.


the extra round to show off the horses
Can you see the costumes from the riders on the Frisians?  I loved their costumes so much. They portrayed the clock and the time. I loved the idea behind this and you might see it a bit better in the video below. 

What I also liked a lot was the music. It was just so perfect and always fitted so well into the created atmosphere. It was absolutely a  nice touch to the whole show. Also the dancing was entertaining and always perfect for the time and situation the protagonists were in. 

The music I liked most was the one at the end. It was so magic and mystic and had this nice touch to it and just perfectly underlined the mystic mood of time and world. I'm talking about the scenery from the end. It's the one with the Frisians and the clock/ time costumes. You can see this in the video below as well.

All in all I really enjoyed the show and I would visit it again. Maybe not right away, because I think the story itself wasn't that good, or more because I just did not enjoy the storytelling. But otherwise I really liked it. I always wonder how someone want to do all these dangerous, acrobatic things on the back of a horse. It scares me a bit, but it's quite entertaining to watch. 


every extra sound you'll hear is my sister or the person next to me XD"


After the show was over they lined up at the edged of the arena and we were allowed to pet the horses. First only the children went and than my sister and I decided to go as well. We wanted to see the beauties from a close up. The beautiful Frisian was even more beautiful and the Mini-Shetland Pony even more cuter than from the far. *^*

After that we decided to leave and had to stop at the toilettes again…
we had to wait few long and cold minutes for the SBahn to arrive and had a save journey home. 

the leaflet for the upcoming shows next year
it's called "The golden Trail" or something like that

last but not least my look for the evening ^^



PS: Don't you find it shocking how good the quality of the iPod 5 back-camera is? I just can't get it how much better it is as my compact-camera. And have in mind that it was quite dark in there and I took all of the pics without a flash. I am also always so surprised how good it can record, even the sound… 

2 comments: