December 01, 2017

『blogmas』『MOVIE EVENT』2017 / 10 / 12 ~ WE ARE X & YOSHIKI Q&A



12th October was the day of the screening. For me it was a rather long day. Had to get up early, went to work (luckily uni hadn't started yet), headed home to get something to eat and freshen up a bit. Afterwards I hurried to the cinema. Luckily it's only about a 15 minutes walk to the IMAX at Potsdamer Platz, where the screening took place.

The room was already really crowded, but I arrived just before the event started.
When I entered I suddenly remembered how different VKei people are. All the fangirls.  I felt so out of place. Also it was a bit awkward, because I went by myself and I never did go to the cinema alone, before.

After I found a place and made myself comfortable there where only five minutes left to the beginning. First they showed the movie, which contained a lot of information. I already knew quiet a few of these, but it also included more than the usual informations. But I also believe that a true hardcore fan would know most of these. 
Nonetheless I think it was a good movie, especially for fans of the band. Overall it was quite a bit too much YOSHIKI, but who didn't expect that?  It was quiet emotional and at times it showed exactly what can happen in the whole music business. So it was a informative movie with a lot of aspects and the whole story of the band.

The thing that annoyed my most where the German subtitles. I guess a lot of people were glad for them, because the whole movie was in a mix of English and Japanese language, but I wished they weren't as sloppy with the subtitle translation as they were. The were so many grammatical mistakes and out of context translations not to include the miss-spelling of Visual Kei, which they turned into Visual Key. Thoses things really make me cringe. I hope they went over them before releasing the DVD/ Blue-Ray.

After the screening they held an additional Q&A with YOSHIKI in which fans could ask there questions. I liked the whole idea of it, but first of all it would be nice if not every fangirl ever would ask the same (or nearly the same) thing. But well...

All in all I thought the event was a nice idea, but I wish people wouldn't always act so weird and annoying towards their idol. Like e.g. there were set rules of not standing up and running towards him, when he leaves to ask for autographs and photos and what not. But after the Q&A the first few rows jumped out of their seats and circled him so he couldn't leave the room. That happened all the way up and the few securities coulnd't handle the masses of fangirls. Seriously what's wrong with people and why can't they accept certain rules?




Someone recorded the whole Q&A session. Feel free to click the video below.
"Everybody can be legend by living." - YOSHIKI, 12/10/2017






PS: The running gag of the evening was YOSHIKI promising the release of the new album. XD"


No comments:

Post a Comment