July 02, 2014

『books - T5W』Top 5 Books You Read So Far This Year (2014)

This is such a hard question. XD" Well, I decided for five of them and I'll put them here in no particular order, except reading order.

Divergent - Veronica Roth
I remember it well, I started reading this series, because I saw a lot of recommendations on booktube for it and I finally was able to start intensive reading again.
I really liked this book a lot, especially that it was so different from all the stuff I read before. I think I never picked up dystopian books myself and was only forced to read some at school.
I liked the world building, the characters and how it was so exciting to read about all of this.

Insurgent - Veronica Roth
Which is leading to the next book in this trilogy. I also really liked the second one a lot. I liked how the characters developed and how the story went on. It was still super exciting to read and I couldn't stop turning the pages.

Allegiant - Veronica Roth
Well, I know a lot have their problems with this one. And I have to say I understand why, but on the other hand, I really liked it as well. I know my sister thought it was super boring, and to be honest I think it should have been titled another way, but all in all I liked it. I actually kind of expected it to be like that and the ending, no matter if you liked it or not, I think was perfect. To be honest the epilogue was a bit too much,  but all in all this could have be an ending from me.

Unravel Me - Tahereh Mafi
I liked this one a lot as well. New trilogy, dystopian as well and a lot of hype around it. To be honest I didn't really like the first book, but since I already owned all of them I decided to give this one a try. it was good that I didn't abandon it. This book was action packed and a lot of things went in kind of different directions as expected. I still think that the main character is kind of annoying, but all in all this was a really good read.

City of Heavenly Fire - Cassandra Clare
Let's get to the last book of the party. I never expected it to be this awesome and good. I really didn't. I liked the first three in this series, but with the fourth everything went wrong. I really hated that and the fifth was also super annoying. Both of the main characters were just so annoying that I only kept reading because of the side characters. Nevertheless I was quite excited for the release of the sixth book. And the long wait was worth it. At first I was a bit confused, because the prologue started out with totally different characters, but after that everything was fine. It was action packed from the beginning and so fast paced I couldn't believe it. I ran through this book like no other from this series and I was enjoying it a lot. It had so many funny and good moments. And to say it, the ending was so perfect. Never before I was so glad to have an epilogue.





Complete list of T5Wlers! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment