October 03, 2016

『31 Days of Blogtober』09/04/2016 - 09/06/2016 London Calling ~Platform 9 3/4 ~ Disney Store & Sightseeing

4th September 2016 ~ London Calling Part I

Three days after my sister's wedding and with only one of those days for packing, it was finally the day of the day for my holidays. I decided in the middle of August that I would spend some money on a nice travel and the destination was fast found. 



I wanted to go to London. Researched and booked for a good price. I was already so excited, but still stressed out as hell. 

On that day I just threw the last few things into my luggage and went through my check list to make sure I didn't forget something. Nothing special.

Since I decided to take a long distance bus instead of a plane I had to be at 6:30pm at the ZOB (Central Omnibus Station) for the check in. Well~ the ticket said that and even the website, but check in started only 15 minutes before leaving. That was so annoying. 
After all we still left on time.

The drive wasn't that special or interesting. 

travel outfit
Most of the time I had two seats to myself, so I was able to lie down, which was really convenient.


From Berlin ZOB to London Victoria Coach Station
  • 19:30 Berlin 
  • 22:55 Hannover 
  • 23:19 Break(15min) 
  • 00:45 Bielefeld 
  • 01:45 Break 
  • 04:22 Eindhoven 
  • 06:40 Brussels  
  • 08:35 Lille 
  • 14:13 London


5th September 2016 ~ London Calling Part II

We arrived nearly on time at Victoria Coach Station and with that the struggle began. After retrieving my luggage I had to go to the toilet. First things first. haha~

Luckily I already looked up the way to the hostel. The odyssey began with finding the way from Victoria Coach Station to the Victoria Station. As always I was kind of lost, even with the pre looked up directions. I'm just not good with directions in general.


After all I finally managed to get to the station. I was so tired and exhausted that I wasn't able to find the Underground even when I stood right in front of it. After I asked someone for directions I was finally able to find the way.


 


After that I managed well on my own and made it safely to my destined Station from which I only had to walk about five minutes to the Camden Inn where I stayed for the week.

Right opposite the station I arrived at, I discovered the KOKO which is a venue for a lot of concerts.



After the check in and getting comfortable, a nice shower and a change of clothes I just went to get some money and something to eat. I went to the Sainsbury's Local to get some food and beverages for the next few days.   

Nothing special happened that day, I was just too exhausted and tired and I only planed my next days and went to bed.



6th September 2016 ~ Platform 9 3/4 - Disney Store & Sightseeing

The evening before I discovered that King's Cross ist about a 20 minutes walk from my stay and I decided to go there first.



On my way there I had a really nice encounter with a woman who passed by. She complimented me on my outfit. She was so cute and nice.

I also walked by the YouTube Space which was kind of strange. 

Finally arrived at King's Cross and I was nearly overwhelmed on how big it is. Luckily I'm a girl from a big city. I should know how to handle that. ^^"

I navigated through the station and I really did find Platform 9 3/4. Always wanted to go there. 



There even is a Harry Potter shop and it's so nicely decorated.

Entrance

All the wands~



Really loved the decoration of the ceiling. I need that for my home.


Proud to be a Hufflepuff



Oops did I really buy something? Sure thing I had to buy a few things, but tried to spend not too much money there, because I already planed to go to the Harry Potter WB Tour.




Next destination was Oxford Circus & Oxford Street. I was lucky enough that there is a Topshop right on the opposite side of the station. I needed to stock up on cute lace trimmed socks. 



I looked around Topshop for a while but just bought three pairs of socks and some cute tights.
What I really liked was the Bubble Tea shop inside. Sure thing to get a Matcha x Tapioca one. I just love that, it's my favourite flavour.



I wandered along Oxford Street on the look out for the Disney Store I wanted to visit. I always have to visit one, because we don't have one in my city. ;__; And It was the day the Disney Villain TsumTsums were released.



I loved the decoration in the store. Especially the Star Wars one. Who doesn't love Star Wars? 

I met R2D2 and he was so nice. XD


Tie Fighter
BB8s

Even got to meet one Stormtrooper and he wasn't bad at all.



After I was able to retrieve myself from the Star Wars section I explored the store further. I got to a reef where I met Dory and Nemo. Such cute fishies.



I was able to go to the castle where it's possible to dream big and to meet a princess.



The castle's stairs are midnight blue with a lot of silver sparkling stars on it.

 


That day Elsa was there waiting to greet you.



If you're lucky you can also take a ride in Cinderella's pumpkin carriage.



Or take the elevator to Wonderland where the Cheshire Cat might give you directions. 

 


You also can ask the mirrors on the walls who is the fairest of them all.

ootd

I didn't ask the mirrors but one of the shop attendants asked if I dressed up as Maleficent. She said I looked like her in my all black outfit and my lovely bat hair clip. She was so cute. She also really loved my chrome nails.

I really loved that store. Nicely decorated and with a lot to see and discover. I also really love that they play all the Disney songs. While I was there they played songs from The Lion King and Frozen and a lot of others too.

I bought the two TumTums I wanted from the Villain release. Maleficent and Maleficent as dragon. I just love her so much, she's my favourite villain.



Finally out of the store and into the streets. I made my way to Piccadilly Circus. I really love that everything in London has all the old buildings cooperated into the modern life. It just looks so pretty. 



Arrived at Piccadilly Circus and I had to take a short break. It's just really exhausting to walk so much. 





When you're in London you have to take a photo of a red Telephone Box. I really like that there are still that many around London. Not like here in Berlin, where telephone boxes are an ancient thing of technology. 



After my break I wandered around a little and accidentally made my way to Trafalgar Square. It wasn't supposed to be, but I was glad I found it so easily. On my way there I passed that arch.



Trafalgar Square

Trafalgar Square

Trafalgar Square & National Gallery


Can you spot Big Ben? That was my next destination after a break and some Pokémon hunting at Trafalgar Square.



I like how everything is always lit. It just looks so pretty in the dark.



Still hadn't enough of walking around and I went to the Jubilee Bridge, which is near by. 


On Jubilee Bridge

The pretty view from the bridge. I like who it looks in the dark. Just so pretty.

London Eye & The House of Parliament


On my way to the nearest station I saw that little theatre named 1984 and every ticket just costs 19.84£. Really liked that and it reminded me of the book, which was the reason I had to take the photo in the first place.




No comments:

Post a Comment