October 21, 2016

『31 Days of Blogtober』 - Creepy Manga recommendation

Today I have some creepy Manga recommendations for you. Generally it's the same like the books, nothing real horror or too accept AoT maybe. XD"  The same as always a dystopian setting is scary in itself.


Plot: Light Yagami, a very intelligent student who's bored out of his mind one day finds the Death Note, a notebook. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies. Light starts using the Death Note to clean the world of evil. But how will it end?


Thoughts: Who doesn't know the storyline of Death Note where the main character is in between good and evil and you don't know on whose side you're on. Who's good? Who's evil? 

The thought alone that someone can kill you just by writing your name in a notebook scares me a lot. Just picture the person and write down the name and woosh~ the person dies. 


I really loved the manga and it's one of the few series I really hyped before there was a hype. I even watched the anime and all the movies and started the drama series. Definitely shows I was obsessed with it and still like it a lot. But still it's creepy, no matter how good the story is.



Plot: Can a boy named Lucille defeat the dolls of the living dead?!
Lucille and his orchestra encounter a town overrun with the worst kind of audience: the Living Dead! Well, not really. They’re people who have been turned into doll-like zombies. And they are definitely not a crowd to take lightly. Can a group of roving musicians use their skills to calm the beasts? Or is this curtains for the Royal Orchestra?!


Thoughts: Grand Guignol Orchestra in Germany known as The Royal Doll Orchestra has this typical Kaori Yuki creepiness in it. It's a fantasy story with a few creepy elements. This time it's the virus which turns people into zombie-like dolls. I hate dolls, these collectible dolls to dress up, they are so scary. Let alone to think of "living" or moving dolls. Dolls really creep out. Anyone else has that problem with dolls? 



Plot: Shy Ken Kaneki is thrilled to go on a date with the beautiful Rize. But it turns out that she’s only interested in his body—eating it, that is. When a morally questionable rescue transforms him into the first half-human half-Ghoul hybrid, Ken is drawn into the dark and violent world of Ghouls, which exists alongside our own.


Thoughts: Tokyo Ghoul is one of the first "splattery" manga I read. I'm not finished with it but hell, I'm obsessed with it. Never thought I'd like it that much. It's exciting, it's adventurous and it feels real. It keeps you on edge while reading and you need to pick up the next one as soon as possible. 
The thing that creeps me out most is just the thought of ghouls living among us and eating human flesh. Some do it out of fun which is even more worst. Maybe it's just that I'm always against killing and that I'm veggie, so I don't see the point in killing the living to get fed. 



Plot: In this post-apocalytpic story, humanity has been devastated by the bizarre, giant humanoids known as the Titans. Little is known about where they came from or why they are bent on consuming mankind. Seemingly unintelligent, they have roamed the world for years, killing everyone they see. For the past century, what's left of man has hidden in a giant, three-walled city. People believe their 100-meter-high walls will protect them from the Titans, but the sudden appearance of an immense Titan is about to change everything.


Thoughts: Who doesn't know the plot of Attack on Titan? Never thought I like it that much and first I just ignored the hype around it until I finally watched the anime. Still than I couldn't believe that I like it. I just don't like scary things and the titans are scary. Not just creepy, but plain scary. Imagine you live in a world in which titans live and hunt humans. Let alone the world is destroyed and you have to live behind walls. No, just no! But the story is one exciting read that keeps you on edge.  



No comments:

Post a Comment