December 11, 2016

『blogmas』2016/12/09 ~ Billy Talent concert





Friday night  my sister and I went to the Billy Talent concert in Berlin. It was the first time in forever and two albums after I saw them last. So much time went by. I didn't even noticed it until now.

We met at home around 6:30pm, but I still had to eat dinner which I was already cooking. I had a four hour marathon of cookie baking behind me, which is the reason why I wasn't all ready. We left at 7:00pm and had to go to Max-Schmeling-Halle, which was the venue. Luckily it wasn't that far from home and took us only 20 minutes to arrive. The entrance was already in full go when we arrived, but we were in super fast. Took us not even five minutes to get in. Because the venue normally is a sports hall for sport events there were seats all around it and we had to find ours. High up in the air nearly at the top we found our seats. Beforehand we bought something to drink, so we didn't have to go down again.

At 07:55pm the first support band started playing. They are called The Dirty Nil. They played for 30 minutes and a 20 minutes break followed were the stage got prepared for the second support band. Monster Truck, the second support started playing at 08:45pm and played for 45 minutes, which was followed by another 30 minutes break for stage preparations. 




During the breaks the venue got more and more crowded and while that happened I noticed that it looked like we had an alien invasion when people entered the ranks, due to the blue escape lightning on the stairs and the blue background lightning form the doors.
Thought that looked so funny. XD

Finally at 10:00pm Billy Talent entered the stage with Devil in a Midnight Mass. Which was such a powerful start, and from there on it never ended. The party was in full bloom from the very start. And I suddenly remembered why I always liked them so much.

I have to say that I was a bit afraid that they might play too many newer song, because I only know the first three albums, but after my sister and I discovered that we only missed two albums we realised that we would know most songs. Which was true.

They played all best known songs and nearly all of our favourite ones. Since I listen to a radio station which is dedicated to rock, punk and metal music I even knew all the newer singles. It was like traveling back nine years, because I was able to sing along with all known songs. I'm still not sure if it's right what I understand, but I noticed that I never quite understand what he's singing or saying. At least not live on CDs it's totally different. I don't know why, maybe I'm just weird.

After Pins and Needles drummer Aaron Solowoniuk came up on stage and thanked the audience for supporting his organisation against multiple sclerosis. One dollar of each ticket for that show was donated to that organisation.





The crowed between the first two barriers went wild the whole time. It was so crazy to watch. That's the reason why I like to stand in the back. I need my space to jump around without getting pushed around. I'm always afraid of loosing my glasses. I'm can't see anything without them. And I swear it's so much better in the back of every concert, because you can breath and mostly have enough space to move around. Still, watching people having so much fun is also really nice. I like it when the crowd enjoys the concert so much. Every one, including the band knows, that it's a really good time for everyone. I really love this. 
All in all we had a great time, it wasn't too hot because we were up so high. We had a great view of the stage and I even I was able to see something because of the screens to both sides of the stage. Billy Talent played one hour and forty minutes, which is quite long. I'm only used to two hours concerts by JRock bands. I have the feeling that bands play only an hour most of the time. 
Another thing that I really enjoyed was to see how man families went there. And we had a great view on two children who had so much fun at the concert. They were jumping around and singing along the whole time. That was so cute to see. 

They finished at 11:40pm and the lights went on again. It's always so sad when the lights go on. While everyone around us was leaving immediately to get downstairs again, we decided to put on our jackets first. We even collected a few more empty cups. First we went to the toilet and than we got something to drink. After that we slowly made our way out of the venue and walked to Eberswalder Str. to go to the UBahn. 

Finally home at 00:40am we decided to snack a few corn waffles. In the end I was in bed at 04:00am and prepared another blog post until 6:00am. So I had only one hour of sleep before work. I still don't know how I got through the day. x.x

The concert was really great and I know, that I won't wait another nine years to go to one. I'm always so obsessed with going to my favourite bands that I sometimes forget about all the other bands I really like. 


Playlist of the Night
  • Devil in a Midnight Mass
  • This Suffering 


  • Big Red Gun 


  • This Is How It Goes 


  • Rusted from the Rain 

  • Ghost Ship of Cannibal Rats 

  • Leave Them All Behind 

  • White Sparrows 

(dedicated to David Bowie, Prince and Lemmy Kilmister)
  • Pins and Needles 
  • Surrender 


  • The Crutch 


  • Saint Veronika 

  • River Below 


  • Surprise Surprise
  • Afraid of Heights
  • Louder Than the DJ 


  • Devil on My Shoulder 


  • Red Flag 


Encore:
  • Fallen Leaves 


  • Try Honesty 


  • Viking Death March 



No comments:

Post a Comment