December 02, 2016

『blogmas』November reading wrap up.

In the last few month I didn't read that much, because I decided to watch more doramas again. That always steals reading time. But suddenly in November I started reading again, kind of. In the end it turned out to be more of a binge listening. haha

I managed to finish five books this month, I don't even know how that suddenly happened. All year I was kind of not reading. I also decided in mid November to set down my goodreads goal. I changed it from 50 books to 45 books, in hopes to stay motivated. 

But now let's see what I read and my thoughts on the books.



1.) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 

Didn't read in a while and this was the first book I read this month. I felt like trying something different from all my fantasy stuff.

At the beginning I could understand all the hype around this book, but in the end I felt like I missed something. 
I don't know, I kind of enjoyed it but there were a lot of things I didn't like. Also it was kind of boring. Maybe I just missed my beloved fantasy aspects and some nice action. Got a bit annoyed with the characters, too. 

All in all it was a cute, fast read.



My rating: 



2.) Fantastic Beasts and where to find them - The original screenplay by J.K. Rowling 

I watched the movie the day it was released and read the screenplay afterwards. I saw the movie in German, but read the screenplay in English. I loved the movie. I was right back into the Wizarding World.

After I saw the movie I knew I had to read the screenplay and I only needed to wait for my pre-ordered hardback to arrive the next day. I don't have to mention that I loved it. 
Not only is the cover design and the whole book design itself more than just stunning, I also loved the writing. It felt real. It felt like J.K. Rowling. And I was in LOVE.

While most say Queenie and Jacob are their favourite characters I can say that my favourite character is Newt. I just can see myself so much in him. That love for the creatures is the love I have for animals. 



My rating: 



2.) Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone by J.K. Rowling

After Fantastic Beasts I just had the Wizarding World hype. I suddenly wanted to feel all my childhood feelings again. Since I only have the British books and I really wanted the German translation for the childhood feelings, I decided to listen to the audiobook.

I'm still in love with the story of Harry and I really rediscovered a lot. I can't remember when I last read the books. I watched the movies too many times that I forgot a lot of fun things from the books. 
Really enjoyed it and I got through it so fast I couldn't believe it myself.

 My rating: 



2.) Harry Potter and the Camber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Because I got so hooked with Harry Potter I continued with the second book. I'm actually just marathoning all the Harry Potter audiobooks. I'm so in love. I'm also commenting it on my twitter, but mostly in German. haha

Can't believe how many things you forget and what they didn't put into the movies. I also realised while listening how often Hufflepuff gets mentioned. I'm really glad I'm finally doing this. Wanted to re-read the books for years, but never went through with it.

 My rating: 



2.) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

Still following Harry's story and adventures. 

Wow, there were so many details in this one I can't believe I couldn't remember them. As I mentioned before, it's just unbelievable how many was left out in the movies. Most of the time I think they were important details or some adding more view to the story itself. As always I'm so excited about this book, this story, this everything.

Plus I love Lupin and Sirius! Still can't believe everyone thought Sirius was the bad guy.

My rating: 




No comments:

Post a Comment