December 03, 2016

『blogmas』December tbr ~ Things I want to read before the year ends

As you can see my tbr for this month is really ambitious.

It's just that I have a lot of books which I started a few month ago and never got around to finish and that's my goal for this month. Finishing all or at least most of the books I started. 


I categorised my tbr this time for a better overlook in printed books, e-books and audiobooks. I'll also mention if I started it or not.




Printed Books
Title: Fantastic Beasts and where to find them (textbook) by Newt Scamander (J.K.Rowling)
Status: 43% done, 18/ 24 pages read

I'm just not getting done with this, because I read it out loud to myself whenever I feel like it. It's just too much fun this way.
Title: Stardust by Neil Gaiman
Status: 49% done, 122/ 248 pages read

Never finished it from back when I started it during bout of books. Oops.
Title: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Status: 40% done, 141/ 352 pages read

Started it a few days before the movie was released in theatres and wanted to finish it by than, but never got around to do so. That's the reason I never saw the movie. Really want to finish it, because I want to see that movie.
Title: Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
Status: 14% done, 60/ 416 pages read

Just wanted to read this story so bad and kind of got caught up in a reading slump and never picked it up again.
Title: Herz aus Nacht und Scherben by Gesa Schwartz
Status: 7% done, 36/ 544 pages read

Bought it and immediately started reading it but than the Fantastic Beasts movie was released and I got caught up in the Wizarding World.
Title: Qudditch through the Ages (textbook) by Kennilworthy Whisp (J.K. Rowling)
Status: Want to read

This is one of those super short reads, when I'm not starting to read that out loud to myself too. I just want to read all the Hogwart's Library books and never done that.
Title: The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
Status: Want to read

The same goes for this book. I really want to read it and never got around to do it.









E-Books
Title: Unter den drei Monden by Ewa A.
Status: 3% done

One of those books by a German author, to get me back into German reading.




Title: Hinter Dornenhecken und Zauberspiegeln by Anna Milo, Nina Blazon, Juliet Marillier, Susanne Gerdom, Christoph Marzi, Julia Adrian, Seanan Mc Guire, T. Kingsisher, Kate Forsyth, Nina Bellem, Mara Lang, Tanja Kinkel, Diana Menschig, Katrin Solberg, Björn Springorum, Susan Wade, Christian Handel - edited by Fabienne Siegmund
Status: Want to read

A short story collection by German speaking authors if I'm not entirely mistaken.
At the moment I'm trying to find some German authors I'd like to read, so I'll start reading in my mother language again and not only English books.




Audiobook
Title: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Status: 66% done, 16h 14min listened

Started it two days ago and hope to finish it by the end of the weekend. I have to work on Sunday and I'm not home for today (Saturday), but I still hope to finish the last 6h 33mins until than.

I'm still with the German version of the audiobooks. It's so funny and I'm still overwhelmed by how much I forgot.
Title: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
Status: Want to read

From this book on it'll be my first German read. I#m so excited to finally experience this story in my mother language.
It was the first book I entirely read in English and from here on I never touched a German translation of Harry Potter.
Title: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
Status: Want to read

I don't have anything else to say than that I'm super excited to start this one as well.
Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows by J.K. Rowling
Status: Want to read

I still remember the day I got my pre ordered copy when it was released. I bought it, started reading it and only put the book down to eat and suddenly was finished in two days and two nights. Until than I never read a book that fast.  I really wanted to finish one of my most favourite stories.
The only annoying thing was that I couldn't talk about it, because everyone else was waiting for the translated version, which was released in autumn the same year.




All in all, it's a really ambitious tbr for me, but I think I'll finish the audiobooks in the upcoming week and the textbooks as well as Beedle the Bard. These three are all so short that I should get it done quite fast. I also have high hopes that I'll be able to finish most of the books, because I'm nearly halfway through with a few of them and don't have to start any new books.

How's your reading for this month/ year. Are you behind on your reading? I am, even though I set down my goodreads goal. But I think I'll manage it by the end of the year.




No comments:

Post a Comment