December 16, 2016

『blogmas』2016|12|16 Another Christmas Market




Today I met a friend, who I didn't saw for three month now. While we wrote messages and talked online, we didn't found the time to meet up. So today she came over and we had breakfast together, studied a bit after that and I had to wrap some presents. After a while we decided to leave. We planed to go to Spandau to the Christmas Market but decided to go a bit shopping beforehand. So we went to the Spandau Arcaden, a shopping mall. She needed to get some new clothes for work and I was happy to help her find something.

I decided to wear a bit of causal Lolita today. Wore one of my new favourite prints out "Just one Bite" by Haenuli. I love the high waisted skirt so much. Since I don't really like hair decoration i just went without it. I'm just that rebellious. XD Sometimes I think the skirt is a tiny bit too long, but on temperatures like today it's quite convenient and useful to give a bit more coverage to warm up.

Luckily my friend was able to find some things she wanted and we finally made our way to the Christmas Market. It's not that far, it's like a five minutes walk crossing the street. 
I remember that I used to go to this Christmas Market as a child with my family and that we went there every year. And I have to say it really got smaller over the years. Which is so sad, because I always really liked it. There was always a lot to explore, but ever since it got smaller most of the really nice aspects vanished. This is so sad. Nevertheless it was nice to go there once again. 

 

We went to see the crib, which always has real animals. This year there were only sheep. When I was small I always enjoyed this a lot, even though it's not allowed to pet or feed the animals. I really hope that all the people accept it and that they don't stress the poor animals too much.

Right next to the crib is the entrance to the middle age themed part of the Christmas Market. This was always my most favourite, but unfortunately there are only a few stalls left. I remember how it used to be a big part and was almost like an independent market. Still there are a few stalls left which offer everything you need for your middle aged lifestyle.

Like this stall which sold pouches and the blacksmith stall. There was also a small stage under a tent in the middle of it all. 
What I always like is that they match their speech and even the currency to the old ways.

  

We wandered a bit more around and we got something to eat. There is always this one stall which sells handmade bread and they even sell small filled breads for on the go. I love this so much and it tastes so good. Sure, it's a bit expensive, but at least it tastes good, has veggie options and is so much better than these regular garlic breads.
After that I got something sweet. My first cotton candy of the Christmas season. I always need to at least eat one of those. And another must have for me are chocolate glazed grapes. Love both of those sweet things sooo much. <3 

  


After having food we decided it was time to go home again. We check on the train and bus and left for the station.
I was really glad to be back home, because my feet hurt so much. urgh, I don't know, but sometimes these boots are just too uncomfortable.

At the end of the day, I had a fun day with my friend and enjoyed the Christmas Market time. I love Christmas Markets and I have to go several times a year if it's the season.
Do you like Christmas Markets as well or do you have anything else you have to do in the Christmas Time? Please let me know. ^-^





No comments:

Post a Comment