December 05, 2016

『blogmas』Japanese Christmas Market

Last week end (12/03-12/04) was the Japanese Christmas Market at Arena Berlin. It's the third time this year and I went there every year so far. I really love the idea of the christmas market. It's still growing and expanding and the people behind it still have to learn from the past experience, but all in all it really is nice there. 
There are different cultural stalls and bans all around the christmas market. Some focus more on modern themes, others on traditional themes. There is everything from clothing to art and of course food. Which is the reason why I like it there that much.


My favourite of all these is the food. I always go there hungry to stuff myself with all the delicious things out there. I like that nearly every food stall has a vegan or veggie option. It's so much easier to try all of these.


This time I started with Soba. It's so funny, I don't usually like noodles but when it comes to Japanese food I like noodles a lot. Soba is one of my favourite Japanese dishes. It comes even before Udon and Ramen.

After my friends and I finished our Soba, we looked around for something else. While most of the christmas market is inside, some food stalls are in the back yard, so we went there to check these out. 



I found another one of my most favourite snacks. Tayaki!!! It's this dough filled fish shaped thing. The most common filling is red bean paste. I also think it's the most delicious one. 



Sadly red bean paste was already out and I had to get a different filling. I decided to try sweet potato, because I love sweet potatoes. 

This was so good. I couldn't believe I never tried it. haha~




On the other side of the back yard was my most favourite food stall. Okonomiyaki!!!!! It's just the best. I love these so much, ever since I was in Japan I can't get enough of them.








They always have a vegan option at the Okonomiyaki stall. It's with sesame and optional ginger topping.
I love this so much. It's really one of the most delicious dishes out there.



Since my friends didn't try the Tayaki, they went for some Gyoza. Which is another noodle dish and it's really delicious.

This stall also has a vegan option and the Gyoza is filled veggies. Normally it's filled with some meat. I'm not sure which one is the typical option, since I don't eat meat.

I had the vegan Gyoza last year and I really loved it a lot.



I really love to go to the Japanese Christmas market, not only for the cultural aspects, but also for the food. My main reason is the food. That's why this is all about the things I ate there.

You can also get a few snacks like Onigiri, Mochi and Pocky there. A lot of delicious matcha or red bean paste flavoured things are out there too. But this we went there later than expacted most of the matcha flavoured snaks were already sold out.


We left for home happy and fully stuffed with delicious food. <3

Bonus from my way back home~

No comments:

Post a Comment